Hanna Is Not A Boy's Name - the prompt meme
In inspiration of sugar_magic hosting the kinkmeme, I asked the moderators if the community could host a general prompt meme and they’ve given me the green light. So here it is - go for it! Friendship, Hurt/Comfort, Spiritual, Supernatural (who would have thought?), Humour, Romance, Angst, Horror (duh), Tragedy, whatever plot or idea steals the room in your mind and keeps bugging you.
- This is a general prompt meme for the fandom. If you're looking for content with smutty undertones or want to post such a prompt, then please head to the kinkmeme. Not everyone reads fanfiction for the sake of smut. I don’t say this genre is completely excluded, but it should only be a minor part of a prompt and not the main theme.
- Romance is great and all, just keep it balanced that it doesn’t drown the other genres.
- Both anonymous and not-anonymous posts are possible, though the themes here are many times less suggestive than on the kinkmeme.
- A tip: With a bit of description or a situation, the plot of your prompt can head into any direction and genre you'd like to see it do. It's also more likely that if you have a certain image of the plot, you'll get it or get close to it. However you are all open to make it as vague as you like if you wish to be surprised of what the authors create out of your prompt.
- Crossovers, AUs, experimental style – all fair game.
- If a prompt inspires you to a fic (or even ART!), then post the fic either as reply to the respective prompt thread or link to the fic.
- Write well. Bad grammar, many spelling mistakes, horrible style, these aren't part of what defines 'artistic freedom'. You write as much for the prompters and other readers as for yourself and the result should be enjoyable for all.
- Not necessary, but try to fill a prompt that you like after you posted a prompt yourself. This encourages others to do the same - and maybe your prompt(s) get(s) filled soon, too.
- Stay polite to each other, both in replies and discussions.
- Don’t post offending material. No troll posts.
The moderators will keep an eye on the meme and especially that the last two rules are adhered to.
If something needs to be changed or you have questions, feel free to message me.